Conditions of Ownership
Listed below are GPA Minnesota's Conditions of Ownership. As a GPA adopter you will be required to agree to each of these conditions when an adoption is finalized. Please review and familiarize yourself with these conditions and your future responsibilities as a GPA adopter, and GPA Minnesota's rights with regard to violations of these conditions.
- I agree that my greyhound will be kept solely and exclusively as a pet and will not be used for racing, breeding, or any form of medical research.
- I agree that if problems develop which would prevent me from keeping my greyhound, Greyhound Pets of America Minnesota (GPA MN) will be contacted so they can take the greyhound back, and that my greyhound will not be given, sold, or transferred to any individual, animal shelter, pound, humane group, or laboratory.
- I agree that my greyhound will be kept as an indoor pet only and will never be housed in an outdoor kennel, outdoor dog house, or garage.
- I agree that my greyhound will receive current vaccinations, heartworm testing and preventatives, dental care, routine fecal analysis, routine health examinations, a healthy diet and overall good general care.
- I agree that all of my greyhound's post-adoption medical and feeding expenses are solely my responsibility.
- I agree that my greyhound will never be staked, tied out, tied to a zip line, or bound to any stationary object.
- I agree that my greyhound will never be transported in the open bed of any vehicle.
- I agree that my greyhound will be kep on a hand-held leash, will never be kept on a retractable leash or flexi-lead, and will only be allowed to run loose in a completely fenced area.
- I agree that regardless of temperature or time of day or night, when there is no fenced area I will take my greyound out to perform its bathroom duties on a hand-held leash.
- I agree that before turning my greyhound out in a fenced area to run, I will first check the gates and fence to ensure they are securely closed.
- I agree that at all times my greyhound will wear a collar bearing indentification.
- I agree that I will notify GPA MN immediately if my greyhound escapes, is lost, or is stolen.
- I agree, as the owner, to take full responsibility for any future liability concerning my greyhound and release Greyhound Pets of America, the registered owner, the leasing kennel and all others previously involved in this greyhound from any liability incurred with regards to the greyhound from this day forward.
- I understand that my ownership of the greyhound will be subject to the above conditions and that if they are broken in any way, Greyhound Pets of America Minnesota will be fully authorized to repossess the greyhound. I understand that if immediate repossession is not possible, or if I refuse to cooperate, I will be liable for all legal costs and expenses accrued in the repossession of the greyhound.